Crisis Communications, Corporate Speaking Engagements, and Training
Daniel’s latest book – An Alaska Flyfisher’s Odyssey: Seeking a Life of Drag-Free Drift in the Land of the Midnight Sun is somewhat deceptively disguised as a “fishing book.” In actuality, the central analogy of “drag-free drift” merely borrows from the concept in fly fishing, where one’s line is mended as necessary to facilitate the fly’s natural flow with the current, free from disruptive or manipulative forces.
Addressing the need to frequently “mend one’s line” to navigate the challenges inherent in both business and personal relationships, Daniel’s message translates to a wide range of circumstances. Further, his delivery is assured to be a welcome change from the standard, bone-dry fare often served up at training events. Dan’s presentations are particularly well-suited for business conferences, in – service training events, and corporate retreats – paticularly those held at fishing – related venues! Scan the QR Code to book Daniel Hoffman through the All American Speakers Bureau, or visit Daniels speaker – profile at: https://www.allamericanspeakers.com/speakers/426220/Daniel-Hoffman
When you suddenly find yourself amidst an emergency situation, that’s not an optimal time to try and start learning basic communications platforms and strategies. From an internal perspective, your employees and their family members need to know what’s going on, and to stay informed. From an external perspective, key stakeholders need to know what has happened, and what you’re doing to effectively respond to the situation. From a reputational perspective, you have one chance to demonstrate your organizational competence, or – if communications are mishandled – potentially ruin your company’s reputation for years to come.
Having trained at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, VA, (graduating from their Law Enforcement Executive’s PIO/Media Curriculum) and having served as a public-agency chief dealing with community emergencies and crisis situations, let Hoffman Consulting assist your organization’s management and administration with the following:
- Formulation of pre-event communication templates, key-messaging planners, and press-conference preparation guides;
- Current (in-progress) event formulation of media strategy and information-release, with an emphasis on liability review;
- Post-event formulation of ongoing media strategy, with an emphasis on reputational maintenance.
- File organization, management, and ongoing maintenance/upkeep of your site’s emergency management library of plan-folders and associated resource documents;
- Basic orientation of NIMS/ICS protocols and procedures, and how they can be modified and adapted for use in any private business or organization;
- Planning of emergency drills and training exercises, to include the formulation of written “multi-stage” documents for each phase of a planned exercise;
- Onsite facilitation of training events, from time-compressed “table-top” exercises, through hybrid (partial resource activation) drills, and all the way up to full-activation, real-time simulations;
- Crisis Communications, preparing your designated representative(s) to manage and deliver information professionally, with an emphasis on effective communication, liability avoidance, and reputational enhancement and maintenance;
- Principles of risk assessment, and how managers can use quantified ranking information to make budgeting decisions regarding risk mitigation.